ThermiVA The Woodlands
What is the ThermiVa?
The ThermiVa is the most current FDA cleared ThermiHealth procedure. It uses controlled, radiofrequency energy to transfer heat; applying heat to tissue has become the standard for promoting collagen production, which helps to strengthen the support columns and improves the integrity of the skin therefore improving appearance. This treatment is the first and only temperature controlled radio frequency system being used non-surgically in aesthetics.
With ThermiVa, there is no recovery time and no anesthetics are required. Patients report feeling comfortable and pleased with results following the procedure. While results vary from patient to patient, most patients see an immediate improvement following the procedure!
What can the ThermiVa The Woodlands treat?
- Vaginal Laxity: Tightens the vagina internally at the introitus, and the full length of the vaginal canal.
- Vulvar/Labial Laxity: Tightens labial tissues improving overall appearance and noticably reducing sag.
- Vaginal/Vulvar Dryness or Atrophic Vaginitis: this adds softer, thicker skin and relieves dryness without the use of hormones.
- Mild to Moderate Stress Incontinence: The ThermiVa can help to reduce accidents and leakage, possibly reducing urge systems. When combined with consistent Kegel exercises, the ThermiVa may reduce the need for mesh slings.
- Sexual Dysfunction: The ThermiVa can help women to increase their sensitivity and strengthen muscular contractions, which leads to greater sexual satisfaction for women and their partners.
The ThermiVa temperature controlled radio frequency system was invented, designed, and developed by Red Alinsod, M.D. in response to the “destructive” nature of traditional vulvovaginal tightening and long periods of down time necessary for recovery. Through research of alternatives, and particularly radiofrequency, he performed his first tissue tightening with radiofrequency in 2005 with significant impact on labial and vaginal tissues; Dr. Alinsod was the first surgeon to perform non-invasive labia majora radiofrequency skin tightening and radiofrequency vaginal canal tightening. This discovery would lead to the invention of the ThermiVa, now the technology of choice for vulvovaginal treatments that treat the aforementioned conditions above.
How Does it the ThermiVa work?
ThermiGyn has mastered the delivery of controlled-heating. The ThermiVa technology uses real-time temperature monitoring and regulation, ensuring that the therapeutic temperature delivered to the sub-q layer is reached and maintained throughout each patient’s treatment.
The ThermiVa works so well because the use of radiofrequency contracts tissues to a tighter bundle, encourages collagen production, and may help in tissue and nerve healing; radiofrequency has been used for therapeutic effects on muscular and tissue healing in physical therapy practices for decades. Altogether, the heating of the skin a mucosa yields a tri-fold effect:
- The immediate contraction of collagen
- Immediate collagen remodeling and elasticity, and
- Long term stimulation and production of new collagen
Who are candidates for ThermiVa?
Many women are qualified candidates for the ThermiVa treatment, most commonly:
- Women who are experiencing vaginal laxity and loose feeling for any reason
- Women who are displeased with the appearance of their labia majora, particularly when conscious of their appearance while wearing bathing suits, athletic clothing, leggings, jeans, etc.
- Women who are experiencing sexual dissatisfaction or having trouble reaching orgasm
- Women who are having difficulty retaining tampons
- Women who may have pelvic prolapse, such as a fallen bladder or rectum
- Women who may suffer from urinary leakage
- Women who may suffer from dryness of their vagina or labia (atrophic vaginitis) due to the effects of menopause
Is ThermiVa safe?
The ThermiVa is FDA approved and a safe alternative to surgery for vaginal skin laxity. No blisters, burns, infections, organ or nerve damage have been seen or noted in hundreds of uses.
Are anesthetics needed for the ThermiVa procedure?
No. The treatment is conducted without anesthetics and has a comfortable warmth.
We are happy to announce that Dr. Natalie Drake will now be performing the ThermiVa procedure exclusively at Rivela Plastic Surgery. Dr Drake is a board certified OB/Gyn specifically trained in Urogynecology and Resconstructive Pelvic Surgery who has come out of medical retirement to preform thermiVa.
To learn more about the revolutionary ThermiVa procedure and how it can help to improve your life, call today to have your free private consulation. To see how ThermiVa has already helped others change their lives for the better, read our patient testimonials.
For more information, visit Dr. Drake’s website practice-happiness.com.